Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Greetings from Texas

I am busy watching my airplane getting an A/B/C Inspection here in San Antonio, Texas. We are getting the work done at a Service Center owned by the manufacturer of my airplane, Hawker Beechcraft. It is a really good group of guys working on my airplane, and it is such a relief from what we have been dealing with maintenance-wise at home this past year! While working on some work projects here, I thought it would be fun to try something non-work related. So that is how my blog began! Being on the road Monday morning through Friday evening, I get to travel quite a bit for my job. Perhaps the best way to keep track of everything and share with loved ones is through a blog. My site will be the location for lots of pictures documenting my work as a corporate pilot, as well as my adventures with family and friends.


I got back to my hotel here in San Antonio last Friday and my key wouldn't work. While I was standing at the hotel desk getting it fixed, the UPS man brought in his deliveries for the day. One was a box from ProFlowers, which I am sure was brimming with something beautiful. I was thinking how nice it would be to get flowers like the lucky owner of this box, and then I saw the name on the address. They were for ME! My man, John, had sent me my favorite color in floral-form! Twenty blue iris flowers! He is so thoughtful and caring. I am starting to get the vibe that he likes me just a little. He knows I LOVE flowers, and he wanted me to have something to brighten my hotel room. Isn't he the greatest?! And aren't these beautiful flowers just perfect? Yep, he is a keeper.

When I flew the airplane to San Antonio for maintenance about three weeks ago, John flew with us! Terry went in back and slept while John flew as my co-pilot. John was able to stay for a few days to explore the city with me. It was SUCH a treat to be with my man for so many days in a row. We had a great time seeing the city. We spent a day melting at Six Flags. We visited a local ward for church and got invited for a dinner of ribs at a member's house. We went downtown and walked the Riverwalk. It was a wonderful time, and we rather enjoyed each other's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...