We have made the best of friends.
And they only live two blocks away.
Meet Ted and Ann. Are we allowed to have "Favorite People?" Because these two would rank pretty high in our book of Favorite People if it's allowed. We met this wonderful couple about a year ago when we moved into our new ward for church. I instantly loved them, but we didn't really start doing stuff with them until about two months ago. We had them over for dinner and chatting, and it hasn't stopped since!
It's the craziest thing...it feels like we've known each other for years. Hubby and I adore spending time with them, and it appears to be very mutual. When I go to work (which occasionally happens), I get text messages letting me know they wish I was home so we could "play." If that isn't cool, I don't know what is. And not just because they text. But you have to admit, that is cool just on its own.
Their senses of humor are just incredible. Ted and Ann are hee-larious people indeed, and it's just a joy to be around them. Not only that, but they think we're funny, too! We're still waiting for that to wear off but are milking it for all its worth until it does.
Reasons Ted and Ann are Fun:
1) Ted designs websites and is actually pretty darn good at it. They get thousands of hits a day just on this website alone. Pretty impressive, since I average about three hits daily here on Captain Micah, and I know my Mom counts for two of those...
2) They enjoy playing games that we really enjoy. And sometimes they even let us win. And they tease Hubby for always winning, since it doesn't look suspicious at all when he is the one to keep score.
3) Did I mention that they live two blocks away? If we give them an hours notice that we want to crash their date night and pick the eatery, they are all on board because they live so close. And because they are last-minute fun like that. We have yet to find anything bad about them (except see #6).
4) When I was at work a few weeks ago, I received a text from Ann asking how Hubby likes his cinnamon rolls...because they wanted to bring him some in my absence! Now those are friends! Cinnamon rolls?!
5) Ann is hands-down one of the easiest ladies with whom to have a conversation. We had a lunch date a few weeks back and talked for three hours before even noticing a clock! Now that's impressive!
6) There seems to be a mutual desire to get together, and it's never dull. Other than the fact that they selected Carrot Cake instead of Red Velvet Cake at Liberty Market this past Friday, I would say they were pretty close to perfection in friends.
7) Ted and Ann sign up to help at events, just because they see our names on the list, too! It sure makes volunteering in 110-degree temperatures much more fun with them present. Truth be told, they make everything more fun.
It's been nothing but wonderful getting to know Ted and Ann these past several weeks. I am already anticipating our next fun event! And I'll probably get a text after they read this post, asking when we can play again! Can't wait! (hint hint)
By the way, if you haven't been to Liberty Market in Gilbert, you should remedy that immediately. I've been twice now and am blown away by the incredible, affordable food each time. The company was excellent, too. It goes without mentioning that the Red Velvet Cake is one of the best I've ever tried.
If you like that sort of thing. It doesn't have a single carrot inside.