Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Day With A Little Man


In honor of Evan's four-week birthday (can you believe that?!), here are some pictures of him from yesterday when I spent a few hours at his house. I went with the intention of watching a movie with his Mom, but we had so much fun visiting, looking at furniture online, and taking a walk through the neighborhood that we completely forgot about watching a chick flick. T'liese looks great and is such a good mama. It is fun to see her interact with her Little Man (I think she likes him), and I have already learned so much from her! John and I will probably have kids of our own someday, and it will be nice to have her and my sister-in-law, Megan, who had baby Mayla less than two months ago, to reference for questions when I have a little one on the way. My oldest sister, Charloe, has two kids and is practically a pro on every subject. See how smart I am for waiting to be the last to have kiddies?

The walk around her neighborhood was nice. Joe and T'liese live in a beautiful complex with a variety of homes covered in a variety of rocks. We spent our time talking about what we liked and didn't like, all the while hoping the windows weren't open when we were disagreeing with a neighbor's selection. River rock with that grouting color? Seriously? It was a gorgeous 78 degrees with a nice breeze, so it was perfect weather to be outside. Evan usually falls asleep on this daily walk, but not today! He wanted to enjoy the fresh air, fluttering butterflies, and smell of blossoms coming out on the trees. My, how I love Spring. Evan just keeps getting cuter and cuter, despite some minor balding issues and acne on his face from his skin adjusting to the real world. Luckily, it didn't stop either of us from kissing on him constantly. And he rolled over from his stomach to his back. What a strong little man!

Thanks for letting me spend a few hours with you. Hopefully next time we can drag Megan and Mayla away from their busy schedules to join us!

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie! He's so alert and wide-eyed. Can't wait to see him in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how strong he is! And handsome! And smart!! And look at those fat little cheeks just waiting for this grandma to kiss them!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your posts. You are such a doting aunt. What a darling little boy!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...