Sunday, May 30, 2010

Things of My Heart - Stainless Steel Edition

I am certain it is 100% completely normal to create an appliance wish-list. Every girl does it. She craves walking into Best Buy, perusing the endless aisles of stainless steel contraptions, running her finger along the polished glass tops, and opening absolutely every hinged item that can be opened. It's not even slightly odd to know exactly what plugged-in items I want in my future home.


Like this lovely little number. 25.8 cubic feet of refrigerated goodness. French doors open to reveal a variety of storage options. What do you mean I can store the milk and orange juice gallon jugs in the door? They don't have to take up an entire shelf in the fridge? I'll take it! The freezer on bottom is convenient, though I have yet to run the numbers to discover how many containers of ice cream it can really hold. I love this refrigerator and dream of it being in my future home.



Or what about these two happy creatures? Yes, they match. Which means all is well in the world of Micah. They even have the fancy silver knobs that turn without feeling like they are turning. And a digital read-out letting me know how long I have to wait before the next load of laundry can be initiated (or how long I have to wait before heading to the ice cream department of the grocery store to work on the above-mentioned experiment). These are front-loading, which means they cost very little to operate in both realms of electricity and water. I could spend hours using these every day, and I am hoping I will!

Or this. My goodness, did it take your breath away, too? I love this machine. Did I mention it has hidden bottom heating elements to create a cleaning breeze? And a glass top that means one wipe will clean up even the messiest spaghetti sauce explosion. Although it isn't a gas range, which is perfect for some cooking I have planned in the future, it IS an electrical convection oven. Which means I might actually be able to follow the time suggestions on any given recipe. And I can bake more than one rack at a time. My dream come true.


Who can live without a microwave in this day and age? This one happens to mount out of the way in true over-the-range fashion. I was a little apprehensive about mounting this 60-pound contraption over my beautiful glass cook top, but (through countless hours of research) I have discovered that they come with pretty hefty mounting kits. I can install it to the underside of the cabinets or the back of the wall...my choice. And with choices like that, how is a girl to refuse?

At least all those hours of worry are over...how will I wash my clothes someday? How will we keep all that ice cream cold yet still easily accessible? Will my fridge warn me if the door has accidentally been left open? My appliance wish-list has answered many of life's major questions. I am at peace.

1 comment:

  1. My dream is to have a french door refrigerator someday! I think I'm officially a housewife when a new fridge makes my heart go pitter-pat!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...