Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Jackpot and a Half


I consider myself pretty feminine as an adult, though that wasn't always the case. Growing up, I cared more about playing outside and catching cowboy outlaws than wearing pearls and painting my nails. As I've matured, I've come to realize how much fun it is to dress up and be all girly. For years, I have been on the look-out for things to help outwardly show how I feel on the inside. But when I find finally something pretty, it's impossible to justify spending money on a sparkling necklace or beautiful earrings. Thankfully, all of that changed today...

Being on the road provided the opportunity to explore stores close to my hotel. I went into Burlington Coat Factory this morning because they had some pretty window displays for things for the home, which happen to be my favorite things in the world to shop for these days (for some unknown reason). I decided to wander downstairs into the clothing section, and boy, am I glad I did! I scored with discovering their accessories department. Name-brand necklaces of every style and color, for only $7.99 a piece! I may have gotten a little carried away in my selections, but I was so tickled to get earrings and a necklace for such a great price! I was impressed with their variety and was able to find several pieces that made my heart go pitter-pat. In the end, I scored eight necklaces and and five pairs of earrings for under $70. After checking the original price tags to see what normal people spend in normal stores, I was elated...most of them were marked at around $40 a piece! Yippee!

So I'm a little excited. I doubt this enthusiasm would have been present twenty years ago, but I now love being girly and decorating appropriately. Thanks to such a great find today, it will be a little easier from now on.

Which one is your favorite?

5 comments:

  1. WOW! They are all beautiful! How fun that you get to buy such fun things! I think I like the blue/turquoise-looking ones. Which one do you like the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all, especially the blue and yellow. Which is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The one that looks like a snake is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Micah, we'd like to invite you to become one of our Authors in Alexandria.

    You may mirror your existing posts from here or elsewhere or produce original posts there, on anything you wish, as you desire. For your contributions and participation we will blogroll you with no reciprocation required. See our Guidelines for Authors for full details.

    Come contribute your perspectives and opinions - and your adventures as a pilot - to the ongoing conversations there or, even better, start some new - and different - ones of your own. Contact us through the site for full invitations and instructions.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...