Sunday, October 31, 2010

Picking Pumpkins


I spent a lovely day with family yesterday. My sister, T'liese, organized a few hours at Mother Nature's Farms Pumpkin Patch. It was so neat to see Evan and his cousin in their first Halloween experience! I took several more pictures but promised my brother months ago that I wouldn't post anything of his little family. It's tough to honor that promise since he has an adorable little girl. Luckily, Evan is pretty cute, too.

Meeting my brother's family for a late breakfast at Crackers Cafe meant I waddled for the next few hours from being so full! It is a real treat to eat out for breakfast, and I love that little cafe! We then accidentally stopped at Culver's for a small concrete mixer shake before our trek to the farm just after noon. There we met my sister and her husband and son. Also joining the fun was my brother-in-law's sister, Stephanie, whom we love so much. She brought three of her kids and left a sick one at home with her husband. Aren't they beautiful children?


The farm had animals to pet, face-painting, and picnic spots. Their gigantic pig had recently given birth to eleven little piglets, and it was so fun to watch them jump and skip around! Our little goat friend came all the way from the other side of the field to be loved by us, and we certainly didn't mind. Out on The Ranch as a kid, we had a goat named Betsy that was ticklish. Seeing this sweet little goat brought back so many fun memories of growing up! (Cue the banjo music).


After watching the kids jump in the bouncy house and picking out pumpkins for the road, we headed to the Friend's home for a few hours of soaking our feet in their pool and chatting. It is so fun to see those two babies interact. I rather enjoyed my pre-Halloween day with family.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like such a fun time! I wish you could show pictures of Mayla, but I understand.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...