Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sunday Dinner With Friends


A few years ago, my sister, T'liese, a dear friend from church, Cassie, and I went to Cancun for a week of pure, tropical, white-sanded bliss. Since then, we've all gotten married, one had a baby, and one is expecting. Nope, not me. Cassie hadn't seen our new house yet, and I am always looking for an excuse to have people over for some grub! To help relive the olden days of lounging together and chatting, I decided to invite T'liese and her family as well.

The Menu
BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Pioneer Woman's Best Baked Beans Ever
Buttermilk Potato Salad
Tropical Punch Gingerale
Walnut Blondies with Maple Butter Sauce

Since we presently don't get out of church until 5:00 PM, the slow cooker has become my new best friend on Sundays. When we got home, T'liese and Evan were waiting for us, and Cassie and Joseph pulled up right behind. T'liese's husband wasn't feeling well and had to bow out of the fun. We had such a nice evening catching up on conversation! Cassie is expecting their first child within the month. They decided to be surprised about whether it's a boy or girl, and we had lots of informative conversation during dinner on how to have a baby. Isn't she a beautiful pregnant lady? They will be such great parents, and I am so excited for their little bundle of joy to arrive!

Thanks for such a fun evening, folks. Have I mentioned how lucky I am to have such great friends?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, yeah, yeah...food looks good, but that little Evan is just scrumptious~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again for inviting us over. The food was fabulous as always and your new home is totally adorable and I can't wait to see the continued additions :) Happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...