Monday, January 2, 2012

Not My Usual View




It isn't every day that I travel commercially. And by that I mean that I own nothing of the proper TSA-approved size for carry-on materials. Though I travel for a living, I do it in a way cooler way and skip the security lines altogether. I'm spoiled, I know, but I'm not complaining about it one bit. I didn't let my shampoo keep me from enjoying a few days in Albuquerque this past week to visit some dear friends.

Though I don't have photos of us all together, I promise I actually visited people. We were just so busy catching up, cooking, hiking, and catching up some more that we forgot to take pictures until it was too late. Just let it be known that I have some dear friends in Albuquerque, and it was more than a treat to see them in person for the first time in over four years.

Four years is way too long, in my opinion. But we all decided that we won't let it happen again.

Since my airplane was down for maintenance, I flew out on Thursday after Hubby got home from work. My return flight on Saturday landed in time to enjoy New Years Eve with friends and family in town.

My main purpose for visiting the place where I lived before coming to Phoenix almost five years ago was to see my friends in person. We keep up electronically, but nothing can beat a smile or punch to the arm or sarcastic tone. We also cooked for two days straight to prepare for a New Years Eve party hosting over twenty teenagers! I still can't believe that the food wasn't gone by 8:00 PM but sure glad it lasted! The menu included: chicken and steak fajitas, chicken lettuce wraps, Oreo truffles, a chocolate fountain with all sorts of goodies to dip, a vegetable tray, spinach artichoke dip with baguettes, cheesy sausage dip with tortilla chips, parmesan pull-apart bread, chips and crackers, and sparkling cider to ring in the new year. It was fun working together in the kitchen to get everything ready.

It was such a treat to leave town to visit...something I never get to do because of work. I only wish I could have gotten pictures of the three of us together. I will make sure that happens when they come visit me this coming spring!

(Hint Hint)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...