Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Disneyland Parade

IMG_7181

We’ve already spent an entire day in Disneyland. My Mama and I had a blast together in the most magical place on earth. If you need to catch up, here are the posts.

Magical Disneyland – Part I
Magical Disneyland – Part II

Today, I thought it would be fun to give a post to Mickey’s Soundsational Parade.

IMG_7185

The whole parade focuses on the awesome music that has come from the Disney studios over the decades. And I love them all, so it was fun to see them in float form.

IMG_7186

Mickey and Minnie came out first after a drum line introduced them. I love drum lines.

Once again, my Mama and I were totally blown away at how incredible the cast members did during the parade. They are constantly in character and are very professional. It helped us to enjoy the pretty floats that much more.

IMG_7189

We used to watch the old, classic Chip and Dale cartoons at my grandparents’ house before school each morning. So I have a special place in my heart for them.

IMG_7193

Aladdin’s dancers were beautiful and colorful. It was fun to see their songs choreographed in a whole new world way.

Sorry. I couldn’t resist.

  IMG_7195

And then there was Aladdin himself, with Abu right behind. I think Abu has seen better days. Ha, but I just noticed the Genie face on his cymbals!

IMG_7197

These dancers preceded a wonderful float to a wonderful movie…The Little Mermaid.

IMG_7201

And the float was fun, too. Ariel’s chair was spring-loaded so it didn’t kill her back every time she tried to wave her fins. Those Disneyland people think of everything!

IMG_7204

Ah, The Three Caballeros. This was a family favorite growing up, and watched it countless times on the tiny television that we owned for movie-watching purposes only. I love this movie. The music is awesome!

IMG_7210

Let’s get our princess on. I hope those are wigs, because those curls would take forever to perfect! Maybe I’m just jealous because my hair can’t hold a curl to save its life. Aren’t these dresses just gorgeous?!

IMG_7218

And, if you like a Disney Princess, then you would have loved their float. I really enjoyed how these ladies interacted and waved to the crowd, all while staying in character.

Of course, Mom and I waved to all of them. Who says it’s just for kids?

IMG_7223

I love The Lion King, and their dancing monkeys were just as incredible today. I’m glad it wasn’t very hot, though. Can you imagine wearing that costume in the heat?

 

And then Simba arrived with a roar. An animatronics lion on top of a float? Too cool. I also really loved these guys on stilts following up The Lion King section. Walking on those can’t be easy, but they also danced and did cool moves. Very impressive indeed.

 

These were the dancers to the Princess Frog float. I haven’t seen that movie, since I am still in love with all of the old, classic Disney movies from the fifties and sixties. Maybe I should give it a watch some time.

The float was pretty jazzy, too. In many ways.

IMG_7236

Peter Pan is my all-time favorite animated show, so I was pretty stoked when they made a parade entrance. A had sword fight right in front of me! It was wonderful.

  IMG_7242

Tinker Bell was the star of the float, followed by some more colorful dancers.

IMG_7244

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Mary Poppins is one of my favorite all-time live-action Disney movies. I don’t know how this is possible, but I don’t own it! I might have to do something about that…

Mary rode around on a powered bicycle made to look like a carousel horse. Isn’t that neat? She looked just like the real Mary Poppins, too. Double-bonus. Sorry that she is proving that to the other side of the street and not to us…

IMG_7249

This may have been my favorite float today. I really love the chimney-sweep song. These guys were dancing their hearts out!

IMG_7250

And here was Bert! He brought up the tail-end of the parade. They say that all good things must come to an end, and this Soundsational Parade was no different today.

I am glad they ended with Bert, as we is just lovely. A diamond on the rough, they say.

2 comments:

  1. You've never seen The Princess and the Frog? YOU MUST WATCH IT! It's one of my new favorites!

    That parade is pretty incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost hear the music!
    I was GREAT!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...