Friday, November 9, 2012

An Anniversary Finale

IMG_5316

After a wonderful two days spent on our Anniversary Stay-cation, it was time to head home to reality. But first, we got to eat out for my favorite meal in a restaurant…breakfast.

IMG_5317

Over Easy had been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, so we had a feeling that this place was going to be good. Though neither of us has seen the episode, we knew that Guy don’t lie.

Isn’t their menu adorable?! I love this look!

IMG_5318

And there was a big selection, too. It was hard to choose, especially since I had heard so many wonderful things about the tater tots and sweet tater tots from all of the reviews. How is a girl to choose?

Over Easy to the rescue…they let me do half of each for my order. Thank goodness!

IMG_5319

The café itself was cheerful and cute and casual. We sat ourselves at one of the few tables left. This place was busy, and that makes me happy. Good businesses deserve to do well.

This was probably the first time that I’ve eaten with cows hanging over me. What a thrill!

IMG_5320

They had a cute little dining counter, too. If I was a local, I would probably sit here and enjoy breakfast as often as my little heart could handle.

IMG_5326The owner even came around talking to people, and we got a feel for how she started the place. She was a real sweetheart, and her mom also visited with all the guests like they were family. There were obviously lots of repeat customers. After we left here, we felt like family!

Hubby’s “Wolfpack” arrived…eggs and hash browns and bacon, oh my!

IMG_5325

Needless to say, he was pretty excited.

IMG_5327

We also shared a half-order of their seasonal Pumpkin Bread Cinnamon Toast. It brought a tear to my eye and was made even better with the butter caramel sauce on top.

IMG_5328

I decided to get the highly-reviewed Crying Pig Omelet. And it made me oh-so happy. I didn’t cry once! It had bacon, sausage, onion, and Swiss cheese all folded into perfectly-cooked eggs. I have never had Swiss cheese in an omelet before, but it was really nice. An extra little tang that made my heart sing.

And the tots certainly didn’t disappoint, either. I got both types, of course, because I become incredibly indecisive during breakfast in a restaurant!

IMG_5329

Breakfast really is the best way to start your day. Can we all agree on that?

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Let's go there the next time we're in Phoenix, k?

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...