Friday, January 25, 2013

A Sauce-y Date Night

IMG_7303

If I’m not out on the road for work, Hubby and I try to do a fun Date Night every Friday evening. It usually includes a yummy meal, and recently we even tried eating somewhere new.

In freezing-cold weather, by the way. I’m pretty sure our high that entire week was in the 40s. I know that some of you are choking on your scrambled eggs as you read that, but for some of us, that is ridiculously cold.

Yes, I used to live in North Dakota. But my blood has thinned quite a bit from my glory college days.

IMG_7300

We had a coupon about to expire, so it helped us make our decision to eat at a local pizza and pasta eatery called Sauce. I’ve always wanted to try this place, and I am happy to report that it was just as yummy as our bellies were hoping!

I’m also happy to report that we tried the bruschetta. And that it was absolutely divine! Hot, buttered toast underneath chunks of fresh Buffalo mozzarella and tomatoes with a sprinkle of basil pesto and balsamic vinaigrette.

Holy cow, this was good. We each got two little pieces. I think that we would order two next time…it was that delicious!

IMG_7301

Of course, my handsome date for the evening was this guy. And, despite what we may all wonder from this picture, he was completely sober! Maybe he was just tired after a long week at work?

He’s still handsome, even if he was tired.

IMG_7305

So once we had successfully slurped up our appetizer, our individual pizzas arrived. I decided to get a pepperoni pizza with caramelized onions…one of my favorite things in the entire world.

I tried their signature flatbread crust tonight, while Hubby got the thicker, hand-tossed crust.

The employees seemed to be really proud that they also had a gluten-free option that was brought in from California every day. Hubby and I are actually quite happy with gluten, so we just smiled and nodded and then ordered exactly what we wanted.

IMG_7308

Here is Hubby’s pizza with sausage and peppers. I had this crazy idea that we would just take any leftovers home.

Let’s just say that we had none to box up, mmmmmmkay?

IMG_7309

Being the nice man that he is, Hubby even shared some of his pizza. And I shared mine, since he ate the last half when I was full! These came from a wood-burning fire oven, and the whole place smelled magical!

And I also loved the prices.

If you’re in the Valley, might I suggest giving Sauce a try? They have lots of locations out-of-state, too.

Tonight, we’re going waaaaaaaaay outside the box by trying Thai food! Considering that sometimes ketchup burns my mouth, this should be pretty scary exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...