Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Short but Sweet

IMG_7196

Just a quick note today, I’m afraid. I didn’t get home from work until almost midnight last night, and we have some maintenance items to do early this morning on Gladys. And, while I love to blog ahead so short posts like these aren’t a possible solution, I had such a fun weekend “working” that I didn’t have a chance to get any additional posts ready!

More to come on that soon!

For now, I thought that I would share some treats that I took to our New Years Eve party with friends.

IMG_7197

I made Chocolate Cupcakes with a Cream Cheese Buttercream to balance the sweetness. My frostings are never killer sweet…and they are better that way, too! Hubby then helped me sprinkle some mini Ghirardelli chocolate chips on top for a little crunch. I always try to be mindful of texture in addition to taste.

Needless to say, these were delicious! And slurped up by us all as we awaited the magical moment of welcoming in the new year.

I also quickly made these cupcake toppers. This is another part of designing that I would love to explore more, in addition to website design. And now that I have a Silhouette Cameo, I think that some pretty cool things could come out of this little ol’ brain of mine!

More than likely, I’m actually going to have to read the instructions for it before that actually happens. Boo.

IMG_7198

This particular flag was my favorite, since the writing was accidentally upside-down. I’m working on overcoming some perfectionism, so leaving this be was a giant step for all Micah Kind!

IMG_7199

A veggie tray was also on my list of goodies to bring for the festivities. My sister would be so proud. It was yummy. Around that time of year, I think that our bodies are all just craving something besides sugar and junk!

Alton Brown’s Spinach Artichoke Dip also came along, but I was too busy eating it to photograph it. It was a hit. You can’t go wrong with that recipe and a sliced crusty baguette!

It was such a fun party, and we actually made it all night. Well, at least until about 1:00 AM. I am pretty sure that the fireworks woke us up last year. That’s how awesome we usually are on New Years Eve.

I’ve got some fun travels to share soon! It feels great being back to work after such a nice, long holiday, that’s for dang sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...