Friday, April 3, 2009

Rain and Green in Pacific Northwest


What? Two weeks in a row of work? It was tough, but I managed to get through it. We got called Tuesday evening to leave at 8:00 PM. We didn't get wheels-up until 10:15, and then had an almost-three-hours flight ahead of us! We landed at a small strip in Kelso/Long View, Oregon, about fifty miles from the Pacific coast. It was rainy and dreary, but it was a welcome change from the gorgeous, cloudless skies here in Phoenix! Wednesday brought several short hops all over, including a twenty-minute stop at Portland, a trip up to Port Angeles (prom-dress shopping for all you Twilight fans), and then back to Portland for the night. As always with Joe Weeks, we had really late nights and very early mornings! He surprised us on Thursday by returning home after a stop in Ontario, California near Los Angeles. I was going to crawl into bed and surprise John, but he was still awake when I got home at 11:00 PM!

As we approached Phoenix, one of the runways was preparing to close after a KC-135 Tanker (Boeing 707) had a dual hydraulic failure! Luckily, they landed safely and everything turned out alright. It is pretty tough to have two separate systems fail on an airplane like that! There is so much redundancy! We landed without any failure. Phew!

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are so pretty. the Pacific Northwest and the south East are the only places I haven't been. I've done the new york church history touring but haven't made my way up north and those pictures make me want to go even more.

    Your week sounded like a whirlwind 3 days. You have like the most exciting job.

    Oh Thanks for letting John kidnap Matt to go bowling. I'm sure they are having a great time with the boys!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...