Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Reminiscing Sedona


Sedona is a gorgeous tourist trap about two hours north of Phoenix. It is similiar to Santa Fe, New Mexico and Park City, Utah, a town that people flock to each year for the beautiful location, mountains, expensive shopping, and hippie lifestyles! I spent a weekend there with my family when I first moved to the valley in the spring of 2007.

We got to experience Sedona in a private "cabin" up Oak Creek Canyon just north of Sedona, owned by my sister-in-law's family. We went hiking, ate some yummy Italian food, and played a lot of pool and ping pong! It was a wonderful, long weekend with no obligations towards anything but relaxing! In typical Parkinson fashion, we made a snack table and ate constantly. Some traditions should just never be lost.

Those in attendance: my brother, Jeff and his wife, Megan. My sister, T'liese and her soon-to-be-husband, Joe. Our friend from church, Celisse. And me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...