Thursday, July 2, 2009

Chicken Toes (and other nice things)


On tonight's dinner menu, ladies and gentlemen: Rachel Ray's recipe for Chicken Toes. Though it was originally designed for kids in the kitchen helping to make the meal for the family, it kept me (kid in everything but age) rather entertained knowing I was about to feed my husband Chicken Toes! He puts up with a lot! Actually, they were quite yummy, despite the name. And we came up with the clever plate arrangement when John learned the name of the recipe. He also wisely pointed out this "foot" doesn't accurately represent a chicken, since they only have three "toes." The middle glob looks inedible but is a wonderful Baked Macaroni and Cheese from Alton Brown, also of the Food Network. It was cheesy and ooey and gooey and pretty dang tasty. Good jorb, Alton! It went well with the Chicken Toes, which were dipped in a delicious honey mustard barbecue sauce that had just the right amount of zing. We feasted well tonight, that is for sure! I love to cook. Luckily for me, I married a man who loves to eat. Match made in heaven on so many levels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...