Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Very Happy Day Indeed

When I first bought this pack of 100 tablets for my dishwasher from Costco, I jokingly thought to myself, "Wow, there are so many of these little buggers that we could have these when we move into our own home!"

It was very much a joke at that time. My husband was in graduate school. We were blessed in a living situation to be able to save money and put it towards my school loans. It just didn't seem like the slightest possibility on the horizon to get our own place, despite me being incredibly house-hungry.

Oddly enough, these little tablets have seen the joke turn into a reality. In about a week and a half, we will be closing on our first home. It's absolutely perfect...and I am madly in love with it. Four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a huge living room, a great room, a kitchen that is open to everything, and a patio made for entertaining...it's perfect.

And the next few months will be very, very busy! Remember when I posted my dream list of appliances? Well, they will be delivered to our new house in just a few short weeks (the sellers bought that range for us!). The dreams are coming true! And it has been so hard not to shout it out on the roof tops! "WE ARE BUYING A HOME!" Sorry, I just get a little excited when I think of it. Hence the inability to sleep any more. Ironically, these little dishwasher tablets will be starting a new life with us very soon...in our very own home.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is so exciting. I'm sure you'll post pics, but if not, post pics please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You'll have so much room. You can bake up a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wha...?? You're moving?! Congratulations! Can't wait to see all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! It is so fun to have your own home!! Sounds HUGE!! Cant wait for pictures! LOVE ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so exciting micah I am so happy for you guys see all your dreams are coming true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! It is a big step becoming homeowners :) I'm excited that you get to put your home dreams into a reality! Let us know if you need help moving/packing, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:11 AM

    CONGRATUFREAKINLATIONS! I'm so excited for you! Start thinking of what you want in vinyl and I'll send it to you as a housewarming gift! WOOWOO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so Exciting! You were so giddy when you told us about it at girls night! I know you will make it a perfect home for you and John and any little ones down the line! Can't wait for the pictures. I'm getting there with mine! Enjoy the pool this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for you! You should totally take Valerie up on her offer and get some vinyl for your house. Can't wait to see the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...