Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Workaholic


Contrary to popular belief, I actually do have a job. And I even occasionally do something for that job. Such was the case this past Tuesday. My Baby had been in maintenance for the past few weeks, getting some things fixed and even fixing some things due in the next few months. Airplanes are all about scheduled maintenance. It can be a nightmare keeping it straight! Luckily, we have mechanics and computer systems to help. Terry got home from vacation on Monday, so we picked up My Baby from Mesa-Gateway Airport on Tuesday morning. They weren't quite done with the logbook entries (long holiday weekends can do that to you), so we waited a few hours until everything was in order. Luckily, the main problem that led to dropping it off for maintenance was fixed and worked without any problems on the flight home to Sky Harbor.

It was a beautiful day to be in the air, as most days are. Sunny and only 107 degrees, which is pretty tame for this time of year in The Valley of the Sun. It still caused some minor perspiration in the cockpit...there isn't any flowing air until we get the engines started, and that can take a while when doing a post-maintenance check on all the systems! You can never be too careful with things that leave the ground intentionally, but especially after its guts have been open for two weeks. We have great mechanics and I love them, but they don't fly in the airplane after working on it! Do I make enough to qualify as a test pilot?

I always feel better with my airplane parked in its hangar where it belongs. It helps to have it home when we get those half-hour notices to go fly with Big Boss. That's why there is always a suitcase packed in the trunk of my car, just in case!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back working! One week from today is closing--will you be home next week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope so! Wouldn't it be great to be there when we close on our first home?! I drove past again yesterday...I SO love this house!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...