Thursday, March 24, 2011

Love At First Sit



I've been wanting an outdoor patio set for quite some time. After we hung the sparkly lights outside on our patio last fall, that need for a dining set outdoors kicked into high gear. Since my Mom is going to see my house today for the first time, we had lots of motivation to burn the 7:00 PM oil last night to finish assembling the chairs and table. And here they are!

My sister ordered this patio set for us using their employee discount at Walmart. It's nice to have family in the "biz.". We shipped it Site-To-Store to Mesa for free, though it was a long two weeks of waiting! When it arrived, my other sister helped me get it to my house in her Tundra. I couldn't have done it without these two ladies...thanks, Charloe and T'liese!

Last Saturday, while John was busy sawing and drilling the shed in the backyard, I worked on assembling some of the chairs on the front lawn. Though I was expecting green cushions, I am really starting to love the cream. I am not a fan of the lumbar pillows and wasn't even when we ordered, but I figured that would be an easy thing to replace (if we even use and need them at all). As each piece came together, I got more excited about this set. It's always a risk buying something online without seeing it in person first. But I am thrilled with this puppy.

It just screams, "Entertain here!" I really love the look of wood, but everything is made of powder-coated aluminum. It won't rust, but it looks like wood that will need a lot of tender care. In this case, I can "tender care" it by hosing it down with water. Does it get any easier than that?!

Since we are hosting Sunday Family Dinner here this coming week, I'm so tickled that the set is built and ready for use. In addition, we will now have somewhere to sit today to enjoy my homemade chips and salsa. I'm happy this thing is finally here! It's all coming together to help make this place our home.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you like it even though it isn't green! I like the cream color--nice and neutral! You can add color when you set the table and when you need to replace the pillows. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...