Monday, May 23, 2011

A Day At The Farm (Grill)



It's fun having a sister so close. When I'm home during the week, we'll usually find some store or restaurant that is begging for our patronage, just so we can have an excuse to get together. This past Friday, after I finished a coat of paint on the dresser, I showered (it was Friday, after all) and met T'liese and Evan at Joe's Farm Grill.

We've both been wanting to try this place, for many a reason.
1) It's owned and operated by the same people who run Joe's BBQ, which makes incredible food and never has a line out its door shorter than three-quarters of a mile.
2) Joe's Farm Grill was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives with Guy Smiley Fieri.
3) The seating is just a ton of picnic benches outside, and we wanted to take advantage of the gorgeous weather before it disappears for five months.
4) We like food. But that should be obvious by now.

The decision was made to get two different dishes and split them to allow the opportunity to stuff our faces with maximum effect. T'liese got a cheeseburger and upped her side dish from french fries to onion rings. These rings were the main reason Guy came to the Farm Grill in the first place, and we had to be the ones to give our approval. They are incredible, by the way. I've never tasted such crispy, non-greasy onion rings. I highly recommend. I got a Texas Toast grilled cheese sandwich and upped my side dish to Baked Potato Fries. I really have nothing negative to say about french fries covered in melted cheese, bacon, sour cream, and chives. It was one for the diet records, that's for sure.

We found a table outside, which was nothing short of a miracle. The place was packed! We enjoyed watching Evan eat, watching other people eat, and trying to pinpoint when exactly mullets came back in style. We are hoping it was just a one-time fluke and not permanent. I don't think this nation can handle another bout with those business-up-front, party-in-the-back hair monstrosities ever again.

After we finished our delicious lunch, we headed to the San Tan Village. It's a giant outdoor mall with a great selection of stores. Of course, we stopped into one of our favorites...Ann Taylor LOFT. Someday, this is how I want to dress. I've been having so much fun getting our house up and running that I haven't bought many clothes lately. I wish I could justify spending $40 on a shirt, but that's always a tough one for me. T'liese found some great pieces on clearance and got some really cute things. It probably helps to be a size zero. I haven't been that small since kindergarten!

We then headed to the kids' playground to let Evan explore and play. I was dying of thirst and went to Dairy Queen to quench it. I had a fruit smoothie while T'liese and Evan enjoyed a brownie Blizzard. Soon it was time to get that little man down for a nap, so we made our way back to T'liese's house.

It was sure a nice afternoon, filled to the brim with good company, good food, and cute kids. I always love a day out with my sister.

2 comments:

  1. That was fun! Thanks for being such a great sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food looks yummy! I also love Evan's new do! He looks like a little boy now and not a baby anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...