Monday, October 3, 2011

Like a Chicken with Its Head Cut Off

I don't know about you, but I've been working a ton lately! What a whirlwind of a month September was! It didn't help that Hubby was camping with the Scouts every weekend. With me gone all week and him gone all weekend, I've forgotten what he looks like! I am looking forward to a better pace this month. Knock on wood.

Is this what a real job feels like? 

Last week brought a fun-packed and busy week in the Beechjet. Did you know I love My Baby?

We left Phoenix in the late evening on our way east. We couldn't quite make it the entire way, thanks to some awful weather in Chicago and our need for an alternate airport (a safety airport in case the weather is bad at our desired destination...which requires more fuel to fly to in case we can't land at the first airport). After a quick fuel stop in Salina, Kansas (one of our favorite places), we were on our way to Chicago-Midway Airport. We landed around 1:30 AM, and by the time I brushed my teeth and crawled into bed, it was almost 2:30. In case my dentist is reading, yes...I do brush my teeth that late at night. Luckily, I was able to make up for some sleep debt the next morning.

Lunch was at my favorite pizza place, Giordano's. If you haven't had their deep-dish Chicago pizza, you haven't lived! My passengers were only two hours late, which is pretty good for them. I waited for their arrival outside since the temperatures were so beautiful. I forget what it feels like to be able to go outside! When they arrived, we headed south to Evansville, Indiana. I hadn't been here before but wasn't on the ground long enough to give it proper exploration. We were soon on our way to the Cincinnati Lunken Airport. The main Cincinnati airport is actually located in Kentucky, but Big Boss needed to be on the north side of town. We thus landed at the Lunken Airport for his commute by car to be shorter. We are always trying to make his life easier! After Cincinnati, we were on our way to Teterboro in New Jersey. After a few hours on the ground here, he wanted to continue on to Raleigh-Durham. Since it was 2:00 AM in Teterboro, it was already pushing pretty late by my napping standards. Unfortunately, the weather was awful in Raleigh, and we decided to not risk the flight only to be diverted in the end (purple on a radar screen is never a pretty sight). So we grabbed hotel rooms near the Teterboro Airport at around 3:00 AM. Big Boss wanted to make up for the lost time, so were up and at 'em the next morning at seven. Even by Micah Math, that simply isn't enough sleep!

Wednesday morning, we were on our way to Raleigh. The weather was much nicer than the previous evening, and people told us about the bad storm they felt move through in the middle of the night. We had enough time in Raleigh to grab a quick breakfast at Bob Evans. I was so hungry from almost no food since pizza the day before! And I love eating out for breakfast! Soon we were on our next flight to Greensboro, North Carolina, which looks an awful lot like Raleigh from the air! Next came Hickory, North Carolina before heading back east and south to Conway, South Carolina near Myrtle Beach. Big Boss wanted to go to San Antonio next, but we couldn't make it without stopping for fuel. Since he had mentioned Ft. Smith as a potential stop previously in the week, that became our next location. I arranged for my passengers to borrow a crew car for forty-five minutes while we got fueled and ready for the next hop. Soon we were on our way to San of my favorite places in the world. We landed just in time to visit my co-worker's favorite Mexican restaurant before it closed. I even brought some chicken enchiladas home for Hubby to enjoy!

Around midnight Texas-time, we were on our way home to Phoenix. Thanks to a two-hour time difference, we landed just after midnight. By the time I got home and crawled into bed, I had been up for twenty-two hours straight...working the entire time with no chance to sleep! What a day! If you think I'm loopy normally...try adding in sleep deprivation to that equation!

It was a fun, fast, busy trip. We visited lots of new places, and some oldies-but-goodies that I'm never disappointed to see again. But eight cities in one day can be a little shocking...even to my little pea brain!

Phoenix - Salina - Chicago/Midway - Evansville - Cincinnati/Lunken - Teterboro - Raleigh/Durham - Greensboro - Hickory - Conway - Ft. Smith - San Antonio - Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...