Friday, March 16, 2012

Good Ol’ Baton Rouge

IMG_2942
My first trip in my beautiful new airplane took place last week. We went to the swingin’ town of Baton Rouge for my clients to work for a few days.
IMG_2943
We left at 2:00 PM on Wednesday with two people in back. Since we didn’t have our RVSM certification back from the Flight Standards District Office in Scottsdale yet, we climbed all the way up to FL430.
IMG_2945
In eighteen minutes.
 
And for those who don’t know, climbing that high that fast is a new record in my book.
IMG_2949
We landed shortly after 6:00 PM with a one-hour time difference.
IMG_2950
Don’t you love my winglets? Or Gladys’ winglets, I guess I should say.

We left about half an hour late thanks to an SD card uploading problem. When trying to update the database for the flight, the computer didn’t like something on the card and refused to bring up the proper displays on the PFDs and MFD.
IMG_2954
You realize this thing is just a flying computer. And if it doesn’t like some of the information it receives, ain’t nobody goin’ nowheres.
IMG_2959
Wow, sorry about the hick slang. Baton Rouge affects people in different ways.
IMG_2961
Crazily enough, there was nothing to do near the airport Springhill Suites in which I stayed. I love getting out and walking and exploring, but there wasn’t anything to visit within miles of where I slept for three nights.
IMG_2965
I didn’t mind and used the speedy internet connection to work on projects for The Cupcake Stand. I got a lot done in two days!
IMG_2968
Saturday morning brought a 10:00 AM departure back to Phoenix. We flew at 42,000 feet and enjoyed a speedy flight. Even with a headwind, we were still doing about 400 knots groundspeed.
IMG_2971
This airplane cruises at 450 knots True Airspeed. Can you believe it?! In fact, we had over 500 knots over the ground on our flight to Baton Rouge. A tailwind always helps, mind you, but Gladys is fast!
IMG_2974
Another Phenom on the ramp…this time a 100.
IMG_2977IMG_2986 
Flying right over Sky Harbor on our way to landing was kind of fun, too. I don’t miss being based there, though it was very good to me for five years!
IMG_2996
We landed and had the car pulled right up to the airplane for the passengers. They were on their way and happy before I started to clean up the airplane as part of my post-flight inspection.
IMG_2999
I’m still in love.
IMG_3001
Scottsdale – Baton Rouge – Scottsdale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...