Tuesday, April 3, 2012

More Louisiana Than Ever Before

IMG_3378

Yep. Back to Baton Rouge. Lots of important meetings take place in Baton Rouge, after all. And we like to be in on all the action.

IMG_3381

Last Monday morning, I was up at the crack of dawn to shower and pack for my week-long trip to the deep south once again. I woke up even earlier than Hubby because I needed to be to the Scottsdale FSDO to submit my Certified Flight Instructor renewal papers. It’s official. I’m still an instructor. At least, for another two years!

IMG_3383

After they quickly moved my paperwork through and gave me a temporary certificate, I was on my way to the hangar to see Gladys.

IMG_3387  IMG_3389

It never fails to take my breath away…seeing this gorgeous hunk of metal sitting on the ramp. It just never gets old. Am I alone in this sentiment?

IMG_3388

Our passengers showed up on time for our three-hour flight to Baton Rouge International Airport. It was a great flight, but almost every flight I’ve ever been on has been great. So take that statement with a grain of salt.

IMG_3391

Once on the ground, it was time to clean out the trash, empty the ice bin, and install the pitot covers and wheel pins. It doesn’t take long to get this airplane ready for a few days on the ramp.

IMG_3392

Then, we borrowed a crew car to eat some lunch. Not much exists near the airport, so we drove about twelve miles to one of my favorite chains, Logan’s Roadhouse. I love steak but rarely get it, so now was my chance.

IMG_3395

The best part of traveling to this neck of the woods was discovering a hotel right across the street from the Mall of Louisiana. It was calling my name.

IMG_3396

When I got back to the nothing-within-walking-distance Springhill Suites, I did some sleuthing and managed to get a room at the Hyatt Place for the remaining three nights of my stay.

IMG_3397

If a girl has to stay in Baton Rouge, she might as well stay near a mall. I’m glad we are all in agreement.

IMG_3398

IMG_3399  IMG_3400

More pictures of the week to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...