Monday, June 25, 2012

A Breakfast Feast

IMG_5325

I hope that you’ve already had breakfast. Because you’re going to get unexplainably hungry within the next few minutes.

A wonderful new breakfast eatery  was discovered on Saturday with some girlfriends from my neighborhood. For those of you who can compare, I thought this place was just as good, if not better, than Crackers Café. I love them both, really, but it was lovely trying a new place with such a fun menu.

Selecting from the endless list of breakfast items proved trickier than I thought. Luckily, my good friend, Ann, was with me in battle. We decided to get two dishes and split them, thus eliminating the need to pick just one.

These pictures are the half portions, just so you know. They split everything for us on individual plates.

Above, you can see that we shared the Crack ‘O Dawn Parlour Creation, which came in a skillet with scrumptious potatoes, ham, cheese, onions, and eggs scrambled on top (we went with scrambled after finding out that “basted” means runny…and therefore gross). On the side was a perfectly-toasted-and-buttered English muffin.

IMG_5324

Our next selection was the English Toast with a French Flair. Let’s just say that cinnamon bread made into French toast is just pure heaven on a plate. Is that warm syrup on the table to pour over that pound of butter? Well, OK then.

I really had every intention of bringing some leftovers home for Hubby. I should be ashamed to admit that this didn’t happen, but it honestly couldn’t be helped. The food was so good that I couldn’t stop eating it! Is that a reasonable excuse?

If you’re in the Phoenix area and love eating breakfast as much as me, then give TC Eggington’s a try. I know that I’m taking the family there next time they’re all in town! And don’t forget to use their call-ahead waiting list! The five of us were shown to our table immediately and got quite the daggers as we walked past all of the other waiting customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...