Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Photogenic Addition

 

Camera Multi

This past week, my penny-pinching of per diem money finally paid off when I was able to purchase the camera of my dreams. In a lucky turn, Best Buy honored their online price, and I saved an additional $100 when buying it in person at the store.

I really wanted this camera to document my family reunion in Sedona over the first weekend of August (where I presently am), so getting it in person was awesome. I am wondering if this camera will soon be gone from shelves since the release of the new T4i just last month. Ordering my beloved T2i online would have let the camera arrive too late for taking pictures at my family reunion. So I was thrilled when I got the last Canon T2i on the shelf.

In the short amount of time that I’ve had to play with it, I am absolutely blown away. I’ve watched a few tutorials online, which are way easier to use than a cumbersome instruction manual (though I’ve read it a few times, too). It has been nothing but a treat to play with the camera’s various settings to see what it can do. I had pretty high expectations, and so far they are being blown out of the water.

Though I still have about a month’s worth of posting from my old camera, you will soon notice a difference in the pictures on this here blog. I can’t wait to try it out for recipe posts, shots from the sky, and portraits of loved ones. And, since it was practically free with some extra per diem funds, buyers remorse is nonexistent!

I’m tickled! After drooling over this camera for years, it is finally in my hands. And, since it can also shoot HD video, it does anything and everything that I could possibly want in a piece of technology. I am one happy camper!

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you today, you beautiful birthday girl you! (Hope I remembered the right day.) Wow, I was sooooo excited to see this post! You finally got your DSLR camera! Woo Hoo! So glad that John's heart softened over time. ;) And it's an AMAZING DSLR too! Can't wait to see the photos coming from that new beaut! Hope you & your fam are having a blast at your Family Reunion! Happy Birthday! Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, Cheryl. Thanks for remembering! Hope Texas is treating you well. We sure miss you here. Love you!

      Delete

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...