Monday, March 30, 2009

Back in the Air Again

I have to admit, after having several weeks at home, it wasn't too terrible getting back on the road for work this week. We left Monday morning at 6:00 AM with Ron and one of our Board Members. The non-stop flight to Chicago was uneventful, but it felt great to be flying again! I sure miss it when I am not doing it regularly! We checked into our hotel after stopping at Giordano's Pizza to order our deep-dish lunch. They have the best pizza I have ever tasted, but it takes 50 minutes to bake! When you are hungry after a three-hour flight, you can't wait at a table for that long! So by the time we checked in to our hotel, the Marriot Courtyard, we headed back to Giordano's just in time to get a Greek salad and have our pizza delivered. It was a windy day in Chicago, but it is ALWAYS windy there. We had Tuesday off, which I spent doing mini projects from my hotel room that are difficult to get done at home. I also walked up the road a mile to the mall, Costco, and Marshalls to wander around. On Wednesday, we took three passengers up to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It is only 80 miles away, but we have to get vectored all the way around the Chicago O'Hare Airport airspace, and that made the flight last about 40 minutes. Terry and I enjoyed a very cheap and yummy breakfast at a local family restaurant, Andrea's. I really take for granted our Clean Air Act here in Phoenix! Wisconsin doesn't have that same rule, and you can't escape the smoke smell when you are eating. Honestly, how can people have a fork in one hand and a cigarette in another? Crazy! We ferried the airplane up to Oshkosh in the early afternoon to pick Ron up there. They arrived by 5:30, and we headed back "home" to Chicago. Thursday was another day off. It was nice and warm (well, if you can call 54 degrees warm), but it was a beautiful day because it wasn't quite so windy. I had a delicious lunch at my favorite sandwich shop, Jimmy John's. They had one in Grand Forks, North Dakota where I attended college, and I got addicted years ago! I also went to the mall to try to find a Verizon Wireless store because my phone has been acting up. The replacement phone should arrive today! Friday morning, after a workout, I met Terry in the lobby to go to the airplane. We got it ready for our 1:30 PM departure, then he grabbed us some sandwiches at a local deli near the Midway Airport. I didn't eat mine until I got home that evening and shared it with John! I flew home both legs, and it was a windy stop in Grand Island, Nebraska. Everywhere else in the midwest was getting blizzards and Convective Sigments, which means thunderstorms. What a mean mix! So we found the only good airport to stop for fuel. We landed in Phoenix at about 3:50 PM. After dropping Terry off at the Stake Center near the temple, I went home to the arms of my sweetie! He likes when I come home, and I can't say I don't mind it either! It was a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...