Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My New Best Friend


Apparently, I am having quite a difficult time getting used to Boy Cooties. I thought I had enough boyfriends in elementary school (even had three at one time in third grade!), to get accustomed to boy germs and all their fun. But, I tell ya...I have been sick more since I got married than the last ten years combined! I remember back in the good ol' days when I would get sick about every year and a half. After a few bad days, I would be feeling better than ever and able to return to normal life! I gave up counting months ago, but I know I have been sick much more than that since marrying John. He says he is immune to my ever-present Girl Cooties because he lived in Hungary for two years. I guess if you can live in Hungary for that long and not die of some terrible European disease, you can spend the rest of your life in happy, sick-free bliss! I jokingly asked him,(in my deep, manly voice thanks to a killer sore throat), when he is going to take me to Europe so I can also become immune from disease. I am sure two weeks of vacation in Europe would make me a much stronger person, able to fight off any sick bugs that come crawling my way!

He expertly dodged that question and tucked me in like a burrito.

I'm supposed to be watching my airplane while it is in maintenance at the Hawker Beechcraft Service Center, which just opened down at the Williams-Gateway Airport in Mesa. In the past, we had to take our airplane to San Antonio for work to be done by factory personnel. Though I will miss those trips to Texas, it sure was nice to leave the maintenance hangar yesterday and drive home to crawl into my OWN bed. I've been spending a lot of quality time in bed to try to let this pass over.

It donned on me Monday afternoon why I was so sick...last week on the road was killer. The latest I got to sleep in all week was 6:00 AM Pacific time, and usually I was up around 1:45 AM to 3:00 AM to fly the boss around. Combine that with my inability to take naps and having a brain that can't shut down at 7:00 PM at night, and I guess it is safe to say I didn't sleep much at all last week. Thus my immune system was vulnerable to attack. It didn't take long to settle in, either, since my throat started tickling when I woke up on Saturday morning after getting home from work the night before.

Being sick is no fun, and I am starting to worry that John thinks I'm just a big baby. Luckily, he never shows that if it is how he feels. He just cuddles up with me and tickles my arm like my Mommy used to do when we sat in church. He's a good man. I still like him, even if he makes me sick.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry!

    Wish I could just "twinkle" and be there to take care of you while John is at work.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    XOXO
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...