Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's Official


I'm not sure if this is something I should admit to the public, but I have officially become obsessed with The Sound of Music. And I don't even feel badly about it!

We watched it lots of times when I was growing up, casually using our high-quality fast-forward button on the VCR to avoid all the long and boring songs scattered occasionally throughout the movie. It was a treat to watch. Being the imaginative kids that we were, we often played that we were the Von Trapp family running away from the bad guys of Nazi Germany! I'm sure all kids did that growing up. Am I right? Guys?

A few weeks ago, I was able to download the soundtrack on iTunes thanks to some gift cards from a friend. And I have listened to nothing else since! In my mind, I can see exactly what happens in the movie by listening to the song. The desire to watch the movie was just too much to fight. But it IS hard to schedule three hours to watch something so long! About a week ago, I finally got the chance.

I thought watching it would quench my hunger for it. However, by the very next day I was trying to figure a time to watch it again...and soon. I remember thinking as a kid that Captain Von Trapp wasn't particularly handsome. Let's just say that viewpoint has changed significantly. I love how the onscreen romance blossoms over three hours. I love how the family goes from broken to insanely happy because of a little singing in the country while wearing drapes. I love how everything works out in the end, even though they had to climb (every) mountain in some shorts and awesome hats. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, just as a movie should!

They certainly don't make them like that any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...