Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dinner Pratty


We drove from one side of the Phoenix Valley to the other for a lovely dinner engagement on Saturday night. John's cousin and former roommate married a neat lady and decided to move out. They have a gorgeous little girl, too, who provided lots of entertainment throughout dinner! They invited us to their new home for dinner, and we aren't the kind of people who refuse such offers!

The lighting was perfect for taking some photos, even if being in a moving car wasn't. We tried to take the 60 Freeway to the I-10, but the 60 narrowed to just one lane for construction and backed things up terribly. With steak dinner awaiting us, we couldn't waste time on traffic! So we took Mill to Priest to the Loop 202 which connected to the I-10. It eventually connected to the I-17 northbound, and we exited at Peoria for a few more miles until we arrived in their neighborhood in Glendale. The sunset...breathtaking! We have the best sunsets here, if you can handle the scorpions!

Dinner was delicious and not even remotely healthy. We brought a pasta salad and mini cookies to add to their steaks, green salad, and steamed broccoli. I got a text this morning letting me know she discovered the potatoes in the oven late last night and had luckily turned off the heat! After the grub was gone and the baby was asleep, we played "20 Questions" and visited. They are such fun people!

In the pictures, I attempted to catch some major Phoenix landmarks that we enjoyed during our drive. Camelback Mountain. Sky Harbor Airport. Downtown Phoenix. Arizona State Fairgrounds (opens next weekend)! I-10 to I-17. Castles and Coasters theme park. And the sunset. Oh my, the sunset! Did you know we have the best sunsets here in the Valley of the Sun?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...