Sunday, October 18, 2009

Family Night Out


It isn't a successful evening unless at least one picture of my sister comes out with her eyes closed. Mission accomplished tonight! We met T'liese and her husband, Joe, along with my brother, Jeff, and his wife, Megan, at valley-famous Oregano's Italian Restaurant on Camelback. Each of the six Oregano's establishments is known for great food, long waits, and their cookie pie ice cream sundae. I am almost embarrassed to admit John and I had never been to any of their restaurants prior to this evening. John got the all-you-can-eat pasta bowl with gigantic sausage, and I got a ravioli dish that was stuffed with four cheeses and smothered with marinara and cheese before being broiled. My selection was good, but I think I will try something else next time I go. T'liese and Joe get the same thing every time they visit, sharing The Big Rig with Chicken pasta dish and then dessert. Megan got a bowl of angel hair pasta with meaty marinara sauce, while Jeff got his favorite plate, loaded with chicken, pasta, and alfredo sauce. It was a yummy meal, and the conversation was lovely as well!

It was fun to see Megan after almost a month. She is showing big-time and will have a beautiful little girl this coming January. T'liese is four weeks behind with a boy, due in February. I took the obligatory "belly" picture to show their pregnancy progress. Aren't they cute?! It still doesn't make me baby-hungry, and I am fine with that! Eventually, I know we will think about it!

After we finished dinner, we went to Wal-Mart to try to find Hot Shots, Part Deux on DVD to watch at Jeff's house. Can you believe they don't have a $5 bin any more but have organized shelves? It completely threw me off, and we were unable to find the movie we wanted. So we decided to watch Twilight on Blu-ray, which was wonderful. I hadn't seen it since the three of us gals waited on the first day it was released in theatres (first in line, baby!). We were in shock that the boys agreed to watch the sappy movie about vampires, so we hurriedly put it in the machine before they could change their minds! It was better than the first time we saw it, where annoying teenagers laughed through the entire movie! All things are better with family.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the belly shots! Take one at least once a week for me, please! Looks like you had fun, wish we could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that was your first time eating at Oreganos! I love that place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the belly shot! More, more, more please! Oh, and the food looked good too!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The belly shots are so cute! I found a web site that I thought that you would like since you love to cook so much. You probably already know about it, but I just wanted to make sure. It is mykitchencafe.blogspot.com. They have lots of fun recipes for you to try. Hope that you like it. Love ya, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of it before, Dolly, but now it is proudly in my "Favorites" online! What an awesome site! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...