Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mayla at Three Days Old


I was looking for any excuse to go see my new niece, Mayla. What? Jeff and Megan need some dinner? Done!

I made Pioneer Woman's Lasagna with some salad and garlic bread. I also made some sugar-cinnamon wontons with raspberry sorbet and fruit salsa. I think it will turn out well for them! I hope they enjoyed dinner. I would have done anything to get to see that beautiful little girl!

Mayla looks much smaller to me today. She has lost nine ounces since her birth on Monday. She is gorgeous! And, thankfully, still snores. And when she is hungry, she announces it to the entire neighborhood! We liked it and all smiled, but I am sure it gets interesting when it happens at 2:00 AM! So I left way before that!

She fell asleep on my chest, apparently her favorite way to sleep. She stretched out her arms and it felt like she was hugging me while she snored away. Such a little sweetie!

I apologize profusely for the fuzziness of some of these pictures. I turned the flash off so as not to disturb the little lady during napping. My camera can get confused with low light levels. Any of you who really knows me can extrapolate that the fuzzy pictures are driving me crazy, but she is just too cute to not post absolutely everything!

Thanks for the fun day, Mayla. I love you more every time I see you!


2 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait to get my hands on that baby!!
    What a doll!
    Thanks, Micah, for taking these. Keep them coming...take dinner over EVERY night..lol!
    XO
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful! Congratulations to all of your family!!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...