Saturday, May 14, 2011

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig



I'm back in the States and happy to be home. On my drive back from the airport, I called Hubby to see what plans had been made for dinner...I hadn't eaten since 8:00 AM and was hungry! Since we're eating out tomorrow night with family, he suggested we just stay in for the night. He would "scrounge something up" for dinner, as he said on the phone. I was a little nervous for what that meant but decided to pass fast food by on the way home. When I walked through the door, he had a lasagna in the oven and was making a Caesar salad and garlic bread to go with. Do I have a great Hubby or what?!

Thursday was a pretty lazy day for me, which is a new concept. I walked to Tim Horton's for breakfast and decided I am definitely a potential diabetes candidate. I've get to get this sugar addiction under control! Right after I eat this chocolate-dipped glazed donut, of course, followed by this hot chocolate. Oops...is that a maple-dipped glazed donut under there? Well, just this once...

Friday meant a noon departure back home. We dodged thunderstorms throughout the Midwest and finally made it to Tulsa to clear Customs. They were waiting for us and spent just a few minutes before rushing off to greet two other airplanes. It helps when we're prepared so they have nothing to annoy them. What a busy airport! Even with clearing Customs and getting fuel, we were airborne just twenty minutes later. The guys at Tulsa BizJet are crazy fast! Two hours, fifteen minutes later and we were landing at Mesa-Gateway to drop off some passengers.

What a great week. I came home so happy and fulfilled and content. I really get a lot out of flying, I tell ya. And it's slightly more addictive than donuts.

Mesa -- Salina, Kansas -- Montreal, Quebec -- Halifax, Nova Scotia --
Hamilton, Ontario -- Tulsa, Oklahoma -- Mesa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...